The Bakers, down from the mountains ...

"The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In."
Isa 58:11-12,

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

200 lbs Buck


Well, this morning I climbed into my stand to face a wall of fog. But as the morning progressed the fog burned away. While it was still foggy and a little dark I could make out a deer coming my way. I got up my gun and looked at it through the scope. It was a big deer but it was limping and it appeared to have a lame leg. As for antler, well all i could see was one good beam because it was broadside. I had passed up a spike the previous evening (which my mom was not happy about) so i decided to take this one. After waiting a hour and a half after the shot i got down and looked for blood. I found it and trailed it to my deer. But what a state of shock I was in to find a HUGE deer laying before me. We estimated it to be about 200 lbs and three years old. The antlers we very different though. On one side it had a good 6 inch beam and on the other side it had a mess of 8-9 short points. I had a time of it getting that deer processed.



1 comment:

Abigail said...

Goodness, a most unusual head-set! Congrats!!