The Bakers, down from the mountains ...

"The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In."
Isa 58:11-12,

Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden News


See Papaw, we can grow eggplant!!


Cucumbers in a barrel.


Squash in a barrel.


Sunday we had very heavy winds while we were at church. The wind snapped one of my stakes and my beans are now providing more shade than necessary for the broccoli! Two of the tomato plants were literally horizontal, but we fixed them before taking the picture. The incident caused me to have to remove the pea vines about a week before I planned to so that Bruce and Coy could repair the damage to the tomatoes. Lost about 10-15 tomatoes, but that's very little compared to the massive numbers still on the vines.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! I am definitely a convert to the lasagna gardening method. If only I had a yard...